Friday, August 21, 2009

Famous Jerks of the Bible?


If you are looking for a great devotional book for a young teenager I highly recommend this one.

"Famous Jerks of the Bible" by Margaret Brouillette gives an excelent and exciting look into 12 Bible characters. I was a counselor at my favorite camp one summer and I did one of these stories with my girls every night in our cabin. At first I shied away from it simply because of the title but in the beginning of the book the author explains the meaning behind it. Even for adults it can prove to be an interesting little study. We should never consider ourselves too advanced in our Christian life to go back to the life accounts of the people in the Bible. These are not just childish stories we learn in Sunday school. They are history.

0 comments: